Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's the old songs...

I have come to the conclusion, that the majority of the songs that move me, all trace back to my adolescent years. Perhaps it's because I can really grasp the meaning of the song much more now than I did then, but there was something even then that stirred my soul and I remember listening to the same song over and over and over and over again....so much that my tapes would sound like a warped record. Don't laugh, but Amy Grant was the bomb for me during my teenage years. When she came to the performing arts center a couple of years ago, I was able to meet her. I honestly hadn't listened to her in at least 10 years, but when she walked into the meet and greet room, I found the palm of my hands dripping, my heart racing, and my knees shaking so badly. She said hello and I couldn't even say hello back (hardly). Scotty stepped in and said, "well, Amy for the first time in her life, my wife is speechless." I felt like the biggest dork! Anyway, don't know why I'm sharing this, but I mentioned in a previous post that the Lord has been speaking to me so much through music lately. Tonight I got on YouTube and typed in Amy Grant and started listening to some of her old songs that I used to play over and over. I landed on this one and I dont know, it just made complete sense. More than that, it is what I needed to hear.  Arms of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment