Thursday, June 26, 2014

Civil War the Musical

For all you gazillions of people who read my blog because I am so awesome at keeping up with it (blah), The Overlook Theatre Company is performing "Civil War the Musical" tonight and tomorrow at the Franklin High School Fine Arts Center. We performed last weekend in Marietta, GA and it went extremely well. It's hard to know what people are going to think once you perform in another town. Here in Franklin we have family and friends who are going to cheer us on no matter what, but step into a much bigger city where you know no one and the nerves fly sky high. Especially, in the Atlanta area. But, God was very good to us and allowed the response to be more than we could ever hope for. Anyway, this show is emotionally rousing to say the least. There are songs that some of the cast sing that I have heard a hundred times and still sob my eyes out. I know we will never know or understand this battle in history and all that took place, but for me, this show has given a little glimpse of the heartbreak and sadness that did take place. We hope you will come see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment